|| Job Vacancy Announcement
Judicial Branch Employment Application
(fillable application requires Adobe Reader or Acrobat)
||Administrative Services Division - Springfield
||An attractive Judicial Branch benefits package is offered, including medical, dental, vision, pension plan, life insurance and deferred compensation.
|HOURS OF WORK:
||8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBLITIES: The Budget Analyst performs detailed analytical and financial work involving various programs and documents for the Illinois Judicial Branch. Work is performed under the supervision of the Budget Manager and is reviewed through daily interaction, meetings and project reports.
- Reconciles and monitors Judicial Branch expenditures and prepares various reports. Compiles and prepares fiscal information for the Judicial Branch's budget request.
- Provides technical assistance to Judicial Branch managers concerning the status of purchase requisitions and contractual agreements.
- Monitors, enters, and reconciles various non-general revenue receipts.
- Reconciles monthly Judicial Branch expenditures with reports generated by the Comptroller's Office.
- Processes invoices subject to the State Prompt Payment Act. Reviews and compiles information for Judicial Branch liabilities for payment through the Court of Claims.
- Contacts vendors for bids and procurements for Judicial Branch printing and equipment needs.
- Reviews Judicial Branch contractual agreements for adherence to Comptroller and Judicial Branch Procurement Code requirements. Resolves contractual issues with Judicial Branch and Comptroller staff.
- Responsible for entering contractual agreement information into Judicial Branch and Comptroller systems and maintaining all documents associated with the agreement.
- Prepares reports and monthly invoices for Judicial Branch lease payments and procures copier rentals.
- Writes procedures documenting various reporting and financial responsibilities of the budget unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: An Associate's degree in accounting or a related area and a minimum of three (3) years experience maintaining accounting or budgeting records is required. An additional two (2) years of related experience may be substituted for the Associate's degree.
Candidates must possess skill in the use of personal computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Office) and calculator; working knowledge of accounting or budgeting procedures; ability to monitor expenditures, analyze data, and identify trends; ability to maintain detailed records and prepare clear and concise reports and graphical presentations; ability to learn computer applications used by the Budget Unit, including SAMS, AIS, and Contract and Purchase Requisition Databases; possess strong oral and written communication skills and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; and ability to perform work independently, prioritize the completion of multiple duties, and handle high-speed multiple functions simultaneously.
This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time. The successful candidate will be adept at functioning within an office environment requiring telephone usage and the ability to process written documents.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested individuals should submit - via email - a letter of interest, resume, and completed Judicial Branch Employment Application to:
This position will remain open until filled. However, those individuals submitting materials by Friday, December 9, 2016 will be given first consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER