||Probation Program Manager
|| Job Vacancy Announcement
Judicial Branch Employment Application
(fillable application requires Adobe Reader or Acrobat)
||Probation Services Division
||An attractive judicial branch benefits package is offered, including pension, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as deferred compensation and generous leave time.
|HOURS OF WORK:
||8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
||Assistant Director, Probation Services Division
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The Probation Program Manager plans, schedules, implements and monitors probation service delivery through and with assigned staff. Work involves performing assistance to probation departments, detention centers, circuit courts and county officials.
- Directs and supervises the work of various programs within the Probation Services Division; recruits, interviews, makes recommendations for hire and trains unit employees.
- Assists in division program planning, implementation and evaluation activities, and evidence-based programs for probation departments and detention centers.
- Provides assistance to probation and court services departments, Probation Services Division staff, circuit courts and county officials on policies, standards and statutory mandates.
- Plans, develops and recommends modification of division policies and standards for probation programs and operations.
- Identifies non-compliance issues in circuit courts and counties in assigned region, recommends corrective action to be taken and enforces compliance for areas under control.
- Assists and provides interpretation of compensation issues as identified in probation department plans.
- Reviews annual and trend reports used by Probation Services Division and Administrative Office policy makers, provides feedback and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Serves as division representative in one or more specialized areas to outside organizations, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, public administration or a related area and a minimum of three years of management experience in evaluating circuit court probation departments for compliance with program guidelines, operational standards and statutory mandates is required. Additional education may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
Candidates must possess strong knowledge of adult and/or juvenile program laws, regulations and procedures, department operations at the trial court level, and probation division policies, standards and legal mandates; ability to analyze and evaluate circuit court programs and operations and make recommendations for improvements in conformance with division policies and legal requirements; ability to review and analyze staff reports, identify non-compliance issues, recommend corrective action and enforce compliance with legal mandates and standards; possess demonstrated leadership skills including planning and priority setting, sound decision-making, problem-solving, and analytic and interpretive skills; knowledge and use of supervisory principles and practices including work prioritization; strong written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; and must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Professional Suite.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time. Applicant must have the ability to travel. This is a professional office working environment requiring telephone usage and the ability to process written documents. Applicant must possess a valid Illinois driver's license and demonstrate proof of automobile insurance to operate a personal vehicle on state business, as well as maintain a safe driving record.
Interested individuals should submit - via email or hard copy - a letter of interest, resume, and completed Judicial Branch Employment Application to:
Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts
This position will remain open until filled. However, those individuals submitting materials by Tuesday, February 21, 2017, will be given first consideration.
Attention: Human Resource Unit, #3355
3101 Old Jacksonville Road
Springfield, IL 62704
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER