|| Job Vacancy Announcement
Judicial Branch Employment Application
(fillable application requires Adobe Reader or Acrobat)
||Supreme Court Internal Audit
||An attractive judicial branch benefits package is offered, including pension, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as deferred compensation and generous leave time.
||$42,175 per year
||Chief Internal Auditor
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Audit Analyst position is responsible for administrative, technical, and audit functions for Supreme Court Internal Audit. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Chief Internal Auditor or the Internal Auditor 3 at the direction of the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Operates personal computer utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, purchase requisitions, invoice and travel vouchers, orders supplies, and verifies telephone bills. Maintains filing systems and various databases.
- Opens, dates, and sorts incoming mail and screens incoming calls and visitors. Coordinates travel arrangements for audit staff.
- Contacts public or private organizations to obtain information requested by the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Assists the Chief Internal Auditor in the recruitment process of Supreme Court Audit staff.
- Conducts interviews and/or meets with judicial branch employees to conduct financial, operational, EDP, and compliance audits of state and federal funded judicial branch activities in accordance with approved audit guidelines.
- Prepares audit work papers and reports the conclusions to the Chief Internal Auditor for inclusion in audit reports, findings, and other correspondence to judicial and non-judicial branch managers.
- Travels to audit site locations to gather audit evidence and performs fieldwork in order to complete assigned audits and projects.
- Assists external auditors with questions and/or issues found during audits. Coordinates and accompanies external auditors on site visits. Assists the Chief Internal Auditor in preparation of finding responses.
- Assists the Chief Internal Auditor with statutorily required reports.
- Exercises initiative for self-development by actively seeking increasing awareness of the field of governmental auditing and participates actively in on-the-job training and outside professional development activities appropriate to this field of expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: A minimum of three years experience providing administrative support and an Associate's degree in accounting or related area. Up to two years of additional experience may be substituted for the education. Knowledge of operations of the state and federal funded activities of the judicial branch is preferred.
The successful candidate will possess skill in analyzing documents for compliance with state statutes, auditing standards, policies, and procedures; exceptional oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities and meet critical deadlines; ability to work independently or in a team environment; strong computer skills utilizing word processing and spreadsheet software with database software preferred; ability to develop knowledge of auditing techniques, governmental and professional auditing standards, and state and federal fiscal practices; and must possess a valid Illinois driver's license and demonstrate proof of automobile insurance to operate a personal vehicle on state business, as well as maintain a safe driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to sit for extended time periods and travel within Illinois, including some overnight stays. This is a professional office working environment requiring telephone usage, the ability to retrieve files, and process written and electronic documents.
Interested individuals should submit – via email or hard copy – a letter of interest, resume and completed Judicial Branch Employment Application to:
Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts
Attention: Human Resource Unit, #8330
3101 Old Jacksonville Road
Springfield, IL 62704
This position will remain open until filled. However, those individuals submitting materials by Tuesday, February 7, 2017, will be given first consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER